PTS Detect Cotinine
The only point-of-care device offering quantitative results from a fingerstick
Increase Workplace Screening Efficiency
- 5 Minute Test Result
- Fingerstick Test
- Accurate and Reliable
- Reduces the need for confirmation tests
The PTS Detect™ cotinine system has innovated tobacco-use detection with a handheld device that offers specific, reliable, accurate and fast results at the point of care. Measuring exact cotinine levels from 25 ng/mL to 200 ng/mL cotinine (a byproduct of nicotine) in 5 minutes, the PTS Detect system substantially reduces the need for confirmation tests. All this from just a small fingerstick. All this at the point of care.
- Accurate & Precise – The portable PTS Detect system provides results with similar sensitivity and specificity ranges as laboratory instruments.
- Patient Friendly – Fingerstick test is perceived as less invasive than other traditional tobacco-use detection tests.
- Rapid Results – Portable device measures exact cotinine results in minutes providing opportunity for immediate smoking cessation consultation.
- Cost Savings – No phlebotomist, less confirmation tests, no shipping of specimens to lab.
- Easy to Use – Minimum training required.
- Results Indicate All Tobacco Use – PTS Detect cotinine systems measure levels from products that contain nicotine such as cigarettes, vapor cigarettes, cigars and chewing tobacco.
- Perfect for the Workplace – Fingerstick collection can be done in conjunction with other onsite screenings.